The Clinical Research Certificate Program provides non-credit, non-degree training for medical professionals conducting and collaborating on clinical research studies. Courses address fundamentals of epidemiology and biostatistics, clinical trial design, database development, practical aspects of study conduct, research ethics, and regulatory compliance.
- The program is offered to clinical and postdoctoral fellows, residents, faculty and medical students affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.
- All courses are conducted online to reduce scheduling challenges related to clinical activities.
- Course offerings include:
- Introduction to Clinical Epidemiology
- Biostatistics in Practice
- Clinical Trials
- Database Management
- The Certificate Program can be completed over a single academic year and requires:
- Satisfactory completion of all four courses
- Completion of the online Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) modules addressing Responsible Conduct of Research Training and Protection of Human Subjects Research Training.
An application for program enrollment is required. Please note that space is limited. First priority for enrollment will be granted to clinical fellows and residents. All other applications for enrollment will be considered on a first come, first served basis. Applications must be submitted by the deadline to ensure consideration.
Registration for the program occurs on an annual basis. The application for academic year 2021-2022 is closed. We are currently at capacity and cannot accept any new registrations for the upcoming academic year. Program enrollment will be confirmed no later than Friday, July 30th. The application for the 2022-2023 academic year will open on June 13, 2022.
All courses are currently offered as non-credit. As such, participants are not granted active/registered student status with the University. Registration/enrollment is managed exclusively through the CCEB.
Course auditing is not permitted.
Please contact us for current course fees.
Courses and Schedule
All courses are conducted online via Canvas. Each course runs over seven weeks with specific start and end dates.
|Course||Term Offered||AY 21-22 Course Dates|
|Introduction to Clinical Epidemiology||Fall (first half of term)||
Tuesday, 08/31/2021-Friday, 10/15/2021
|Biostatistics in Practice||Fall (second half of term)||Monday, 10/25/2021- Friday, 12/10/2021|
|Clinical Trials||Spring (first half of term)||Monday, 01/31/2022-Friday, 03/18/2022|
|Database Management||Spring (second half of term)||TBD|
|CITI Training||Continuously available|
For program inquiries and other questions, please contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.