New online format beginning in Fall 2020!
The Clinical Research Certificate Program provides non-degree training for medical professionals conducting and collaborating on clinical research studies. Courses address fundamentals of epidemiology and biostatistics, clinical trial design, database development, practical aspects of study conduct, research ethics, and regulatory compliance.
- The program is designed for clinical fellows, faculty, residents, and medical students at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.
- Beginning in fall 2020, all courses will be online to reduce scheduling challenges related to clinical activities.
- Course offerings include:
- Introduction to Clinical Epidemiology
- Biostatistics in Practice
- Clinical Trials
- Database Management
- The Certificate Program can be completed over a single academic year and requires:
- Satisfactory completion of all four courses (B- or better)
- Completion of the online Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) modules addressing Responsible Conduct of Research Training and Protection of Human Subjects Research Training.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, we are offering enrollment to clinical fellows and residents only.
An application for program enrollment is required. Please note that space is limited and applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
The application for the 2020-2021 academic year has closed. We are unable to accomodate additional students for the current year. The application for the 2021-2022 academic year will open June 14, 2021.
Non-Credit Registration: This enrollment option is available only to University of Pennsylvania PSOM-affiliated clinical fellows, residents, and medical students. A reduced fee is applied when the non-credit option is used. Participants using the non-credit option are not granted active/registered student status at the University of Pennsylvania.
Credit Registration: Individuals interested in obtaining University of Pennsylvania credit for Certificate Program courses will be formally registered via the University's Student Record System, granted active student status, and charged full course tuition.
Please contact us for current tuition and fees.
Courses and Schedule
All courses are conducted online via Canvas. Each course runs over seven weeks with specific start and end dates.
|Course||Term Offered||AY 21 Course Dates|
|Introduction to Clinical Epidemiology||Fall (first half of term)||
Tuesday, 9/1/2020- Friday, 10/16/2020
|Biostatistics in Practice||Fall (second half of term)||Monday, 10/26/2020-Friday, 12/11/2020|
|Clinical Trials||Spring (first half of term)||TBA|
|Database Management||Spring (second half of term)||TBA|
|CITI Training||Both Terms||Continuously available|
For program inquiries and other questions, please send an email to: email@example.com