This fellowship supports medical students’ clinical-research work during the summer between their first and second years of study. Students work on campus under the sponsorship of a Penn faculty mentor who is a CCEB senior or associate scholar. More than one mentor can be involved in a particular project, but at least one has to be affiliated with the CCEB. We recommend that interested students explore the faculty biographies and contact faculty members directly about potential projects. Questions can be directed to Michelle McCarthy, email@example.com.
Applicants must be in the first year of medical school at Penn and must submit the following documents:
- Two-to-three page research proposal, including a:
- Brief description of the clinical problem to be investigated and the specific aims for the project
- Basic description of the study design and methods, including sources of data and plans for analysis
- Discussion of the role of the student in the project
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of support from the proposed mentor
- This letter should indicate a commitment to supervise the student during the summer fellowship and a brief discussion of what resources are available to support the research activities over the summer.
The next official deadline for applications will be Monday, February 18, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Complete applications should be submitted to:
Dr. John T. Farrar
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
c/o Michelle McCarthy
Room 808 Blockley Hall
423 Guardian Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6021
All submissions will be reviewed by CCEB faculty and ranked. The top two to four fellowships will be awarded annually in the form of a $1500 monthly stipend for up to two months during the summer break.
For additional information and/or help in finding an appropriate mentor, please contact: