The Clinical Research Certificate Program provides non-degree training for medical professionals conducting and collaborating on clinical research studies. Courses address fundamentals of epidemiology and biostatistics, clinical trial design, database development, practical aspects of study conduct, research ethics, and regulatory compliance.
- The program is designed primarily for clinical fellows, faculty, residents and medical students at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.
- The current course offerings include:
- Introduction to Clinical Epidemiology
- Biostatistics in Practice
- Database Management
- Clinical Trials and Translational Research
- Critical Appraisal of the Medical Literature
- Practical Applications in Clinical Research Methods
- Completion of the certificate requires four courses and is typically completed part-time in one-to-two years.
Credit: Individuals interested in obtaining University of Pennsylvania credit for Certificate Program courses will be formally registered via the University's Student Record System, granted active student status, and charged full course tuition. Eligible University of Pennsylvania faculty and staff may receive tuition assistance through University tuition benefits.
Non-Credit: This registration option is available only to University of Pennsylvania PSOM-affiliated clinical fellows, residents, medical students, and postdoctoral fellows. A reduced fee is applied when the non-credit option is used. Participants using the non-credit option are not granted active/registered student status at the University of Pennsylvania.
Please contact our office for current tuition and fees: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Registration and Scheduling
Courses are offered in the Summer, Fall and Spring terms. Participants can begin the program during any of the three terms. There is no required sequence for courses.
- Summer Term Courses: Registration opens in early April
- Fall Term Courses: Registration opens in mid-June
- Spring Term Courses: Registration opens in early October
Enrollment limits have been established for each course. Highest priority for enrollment will be granted to University of Pennsylvania PSOM-affiliated clinical fellows, residents, medical students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty members. All others will be enrolled as availability allows.
Spring course registration is now closed. Registration confirmation will occur during the week of 12/11/17-12/15/17.
You must complete a registration form for each individual course. Completion of this form does not guarantee course enrollment. Enrollment will be confirmed via email once the registration request period ends.
Please email us with any questions or program inquiries.