Research Program Overview
The CCEB's research objectives are:
- to promote clinical epidemiology and biostatistics research, both in the community and health care settings;
- to serve as an interdisciplinary resource for clinical research throughout the Medical Center;
- to promote a population and community perspective in the Medical Center;
- to serve as a leader in disseminating research results and in interpreting research to policy-makers and the public; and
- to serve as a regional, national, and international resource for communities, universities, governments, and other organizations seeking guidance about issues of population medicine, public health, and the epidemiology of disease.
- support primary research in biostatistics and epidemiology;
- work with the CCEB in providing consultation on issues of study design and statistical analysis for the Medical Center; and
- work with the CCEB in facilitating collaborative research involving clinicians, biostatisticians, and non-clinician epidemiologists.