Center and Department Structure and Key Personnel
- Harold I. Feldman, MD, MSCE, is Director, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics; and Chair, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology.
- J. Richard Landis, PhD, is Director, Biostatistics Unit and Biostatistics Division.
- Stephen Kimmel, MD, MSCE, is Director, Clinical Epidemiology Unit and Epidemiology Division.
Center and Department StructureThe CCEB comprises two Units: the Clinical Epidemiology Unit and the Biostatistics Unit. The DBE comprises two divisions: the Epidemiology Division and the Biostatistics Division. Faculty members from both units/divisions collaborate closely with principal investigators across the entire University as co-investigators on research projects requiring biostatistics and epidemiology expertise, and as principal investigators on primary research projects.
Faculty Appointments in the CCEBCCEB faculty have primary appointments as Senior Scholars, Associate Scholars, Adjunct Scholars, or Affiliate Members.
The CCEB serves as the primary research home for Senior Scholars, who act as core faculty for the CCEB. Senior Scholars look to the CCEB, rather than their primary department, for their primary research support, including space, research computing, secretarial/administrative assistance, current expenses, and financial management.
Associate and Adjunct Scholars
Associate and Adjunct Scholars are affiliated faculty members who have expertise in biostatistics, epidemiology, or a related discipline. Associate Scholars have a primary departmental faculty appointment within Penn, but the primary focus of their activities is elsewhere. Adjunct Scholars have primary appointments outside the University. To maintain their appointments with the CCEB, Associate and Adjunct Scholars are expected to participate annually in CCEB educational programs and research activities, and meet annual service/collaborative requirements. Generally, Associate and Adjunct Scholars do not receive direct support from the CCEB.
- Current Associate Scholars, Biostatistics Unit
- Current Associate Scholars, Clinical Epidemiology Unit
- Current Adjunct Scholars, Biostatistics Unit
- Current Adjunct Scholars, Clinical Epidemiology Unit
Affiliate appointments are available to those with primary faculty appointments at Penn who do not have advanced research degrees in epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field, but make important contributions to the CCEB's research or educational programs.
Faculty Appointments in the DBEFaculty with appointments in the DBE may have primary appointments, secondary appointments, or adjunct appointments. Those with adjunct appointments have a primary affiliation with another academic institution or in private industry. Numerous biostatisticians and non-clinician epidemiologists hold primary appointments in the DBE; clinician epidemiologists generally hold secondary appointments in the DBE while maintaining primary appointments in clinical departments; and biostatisticians, clinician epidemiologists, and non-clinician epidemiologists may hold adjunct appointments. Faculty with primary appointments who are primarily independent investigators and/or methodologists have appointments in the tenure track. Those who are primarily collaborative researchers have appointments in the clinician-educator track.
- Current Faculty with Primary Appointments: Epidemiology Division
- Current Faculty with Primary Appointments: Biostatistics division
- Current Faculty with Secondary Appointments: Epidemiology Division
- Current Faculty with Secondary Appointments: Biostatistics Division
- Current Faculty with Adjunct Appointments: Epidemiology Division
- Current Faculty with Adjunct Appointments: Biostatistics Division